Xamarin and Android – Specific Solutions to Specific Problems #4

 

It’s been a while but I’m finally back with another one of my recent discoveries while working with Xamarin and Android. We are at the pointy end of our project so it has been hard to find the time to blog but luckily now that I do have some, I also have a lot of material banked up. Stay tuned…

I have list view inside a scroll view and I want to be able to be able to scroll both depending on which one I am touching.

In order to support devices with small screens, sometimes I resort to lazy man’s responsive design. I wrap the whole layout in a ScrollView element. While this works fine most of the time it does have an interesting time dealing with child elements that are also scrollable. The one I run into the most is the existence of a ListView inside a ScrollView.

Continue reading…

"Find was stopped in progress" while performing search in Visual Studio

This issue has been plaguing me for some time and I usually just work around it but today I finally found a fix. It has happened in Visual Studio 2010, 2013 and today it started occurring in 2013 RC. I found a fix in this Microsoft Connect thread and thought I would blog it as a few of the other guys at work had also encountered it from time to time.

I don’t know if this is the “official” fix but the following worked for me:

1. Find in Files for any search string.

2. As soon as it starts searching spam Ctrl – Scroll Lock.

3. Win