- Xamarin.Forms.Labs Version 1.1.0 Released (Kevin Ford) – Announcing another release of the open source project that aims to provide a set of controls tailored to work with Xamarin Forms. Project Site
- Xamarin on Film: @dotnetConf & FlashCast (James Montemagno) – Xamarin was all over the dontNetConf conference with some great training videos. Also check out Scott Hanselman’s post.
- Cross-Platform Apps with Xamarin Forms and Azure Mobile Services (Josh Morales) – A new blog post series covering Xamarin Forms and Azure Mobile Services
- Consuming Server-Side SignalR Events in Universal Windows App Clients (Jason Roberts) – Universal Windows Apps and SignalR, a match made in heaven
- Adding View Effects in iOS 8 (Mike Bluestein) – How to use iOS 8’s blur and vibrancy effects.
- Xamarin Forms and HTTP (Jesse Liberty) – Jesse continues his series on learning Xamarin Forms. Complete series list is here.
- Exploring HealthKit with Xamarin: Provisioning and Permissions Illustrated Walkthrough (Larry O’Brien) – Walkthrough of getting started with HealthKit
Code & Components
- PDFNet SDK – Component for creating PDF files from Xamarin. There is a blog post for Getting Started with Android and another for Getting Started with iOS which walk through using the component
- Port of Floating Action Button (Tomasz Cielecki) Xamarin.Android port of a floating button from Android L.
- Resharper Templates for Xamarin Forms (Glenn Stephens) – If you like Resharper and Xamarin Forms, you might find Glenn’s templates very handy
- The Player Experience: How To Design for Mobile Games (designmodo) – Some tips for creating engaging UX for mobile games
- Free icon packs for developers (Dean Hume) – Dean shares a list of icon resources for the design impaired.
- If I Were Miguel De Icaza… (Jesse Liberty) – Jesse dreams big
- Screen Mirroring for iOS, Android and Windows Phone (James Montemagno) – It’s inevitable that you’ll have to demo your app on a big screen at some stage. James provides some tools.