For an upcoming geekend (a weekend hackfest) we are looking at spending some time digging into iBeacon and Geofencing technologies. I was going to email some of these resources I have found to the participants but thought it might be better if I blog them as a resource for others.
Hope it helps
Some General Info About Geofencing and Beacons
- What’s the difference between beacons and geofencing? (video link).
- There is also an interesting prezi presentation here, bit sales oriented, but not bad.
- If you need even more convincing that location and geofencing are the future then have a read of this old Wired article.
- Xamarin iOS Geofence documentation
- Windows Phone 8.1 for Developers – Geolocation and Geofencing
- Trigger a Background Task using Geofence on Windows Phone 8.1
- Android Geofencing and Geolocation – Xamrin Forum link
Beacons, iBeacons and BLE Implementations
- James Montemagno’s presentation on iBeacons for Everyone, from iOS to Android
- Mike Bluestein blog post (and sample app) – Play ‘Find The Monkey’ with iOS 7 iBeacons
- Larry O’Briens blog post on Xamairn Code for iBeacons
- iBeacon Generic – A Generic Monotouch.iOS binding for beacons.
- Very thorough article by Vincent Hoogendoorn – Building Cross-Platform iBeacon Apps for iOS, Android and Windows with C# and Xamarin
- Chris Riesgo Android iBeacon Service (Radius Network beacons)
- Greg Shackles Estimote iOS Bindings for Xamarin
- Tom Opgenorth has an Estimote SDK binding for Android in the Xamarin Component store.
- Xamarin-EstimoteBeacons on GitHub